Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Recasting the Canterbury tales: Stage 4

After having received the results and feedback of my last two assignments, there was one thing I realized that was common to both and that was that I am not very clear in voicing my thoughts and my points. I realize that my arguments are somewhat vague and often times I do not draw enough evidence from the texts I analyze, thus my points come across more like speculation rather than black-and-white. This is something I definitely need to work on because your thesis is the foundation of your essay, any essay that you undertake and thus if my thesis is not clear or is lacking in any way, that puts your whole essay under scrutiny.


This assignment was certainly more challenging than the others as it involved a lot more than simply writing. I have said this a million times before but I am definitely not what I would consider tech-savvy in any way and thus this assignment forced me to broaden my horizons and step out of my comfort zone; writing I can do, but to incorporate pictures and audiovisual elements was certainly not something I was entirely comfortable with. I am actually proud of myself that I was able to pull something like this off because I never thought I would be capable.


I am generally pleased with the feedback and outcome of my assignment but I think I need to seriously consider and carefully think through the comments I received in order to prevent myself from making these mistakes again. However I have seen where I have improved and overall I am happy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment